Wednesday 7 March 2012

Twist & Shout

Whilst checking out the van electrics a few days ago,I had difficulty inserting the 13-pin plug into the 13-pin socket on the towbar.The central part with the pins had moved relative to the outer ring as it tends to do from what I read.

After a bit of fiddling I managed to sort it out but there is an easier way.

I purchased a new plug,not for the plug - although that will be a handy spare - but for the green plug cover as can be seen in this picture ( it wasn't a Maypole I bought but the principle is the same ) :-


If the pins become disoriented ( for want of a better word ) just insert the green cover and twist,all is well again.It can also be used to leave in place when the electrics aren't connected to prevent water  and dirt getting into the plug.

Unfortunately these little green critters aren't available on their own only with a plug unless anyone knows different.

If you do a lot of people would be interested.

More experienced caravanners than I probably have their own ways of sorting out this little problem but this method appears to work.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment