Follow by Email

Saturday, 31 March 2012

Plug & Seal

Went to storage this morning to do a couple of minor jobs.

One was to put a new "O" ring on the 13-pin plug.


As I mentioned previously,and can be seen above, the original one was stretching when the green cap was tightened onto it and presumably also when attached to the car as well although I have never noticed it.

I replaced the ring with a new one and this time superglued it in place.

When I replaced the green cap after it had set it all felt so much more "solid" if that is the way to put it.

Perhaps movement on this ring has led to the problems with the lights and the pins moving out of position making coupling up a bit of a problem at times.

Incidentally I checked the "O" ring on the spare plug I bought and that is fixed firmly in place so perhaps Bailey are fitting cheap plugs with cheap "O" rings.

Anyway I will see how it goes.

Secondly I put some sealant at the back of the kitchen tap and down the side to the wall of the van as there was a gap waiting for water to get in.



Finally I sealed around the shelf above the sink in the washroom to stop water getting behind it.







Usually I am not too hot at putting sealant on but I watched a video on You Tube and it didn't turn out too badly if I say so myself.

Finally I removed the piece of plastic that was cut short and moved it up ( thanks Justin - I think ) so the gap is at the bottom.I will move it back when it goes to be serviced and get it sorted then.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment