Wednesday 9 November 2011

Winter Draws On,I've Got Mine On !!

As for various reasons we won't be using the Orion for a few months I decided I would swap the ordinary wheels for winter wheels today to avoid flat spotting the tyres.


All went very well,used the Al-Ko side jack for the first time and found it a very good bit of kit,easy to put in position and winding the van off the ground was a doddle.I made sure the van was connected to the car at the time as recommended.

Feel rather more confident now should we have a puncture out on the road.

When we bought the Orion I specified Tyron Bands and asked for the wheels to be balanced.As I stored the wheels in the garage I noticed that there was 45g on one wheel and 40g on the other which seems quite a bit to my untutored eye.

I am sure this must make for better running.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment